Friday, January 16, 2015

A Geeks Introduction



I figured that an introductory post would be the best first post! My name is, Nicolas Contreras, I'm 26 and I am addicted to technology! Not only the technology though, but all the media the technology delivers. My main diet of media consumption are video games, movies, and anime. Those will be my main writing topics on this here blog, Nerd Life. I am a computer and network technician, as well as a hobbyist programmer and engineer. I have two kids, a dog, and a lovely girlfriend. Now lets get to the dirty nerdy.

Video Games
I am primarily a PC gamer, but I do play Xbox 360 and Wii U. I am not the "PC is master race" kind of guy, and my Fanboy-ism has diminished with age. Don't get me wrong though, I will still run to the battle and debate of what games are the best in history (Legend of Zelda). I play all types of games as long as they can hold my interest. I do however have a few favorite genre though being: First Person Shooters, Survival Horrors, Role Playing Games, and Real-Time Strategies. My current main line-up is: Hearthstone, Mario Kart 8, Call of Duty: Black Ops II, and Minecraft. I know what you might be thinking, "Doesn't look like the line-up of a hardcore gamer.", but I assure you that the hardcore games are there!

Movies
I try to go to the theaters at least once a month, get popcorn, and enjoy the big screen experience! At home I have several streaming services that keep me locked to the couch worse than a Thanksgiving meal. You get a similar story here, because my movie genre reflect my video game tastes. Action, Horror, Fantasy, and Sci-Fi are my main watch, and the occasional chick flick that is put on by the girlfriend. Some of my favorite flicks are: Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Se7en, Boondock Saints, and The Evil Dead. I love movies that are well thought out, but the other side of the spectrum is also attractive, like the B horror flicks. I really watch too many movies.

Anime
Anime has to be the largest portion of my media diet. Since anime will be the greater portion I will not bore you here with what I like since it could be pages long. I will say that my current watch are: Parasyte: The Maxim, Terraformars, Your Lie in April, and Attack on Titan. Otaku for life!

I hope to get great feedback from you all on future posts! Thank you, Nerd Life, for having me as a blogger for the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment